Friday, June 15, 2012

Teacher's are Too Big to Fail?

In the nerdy teachers recent blog entry "Too Big to Fail" he asks the question of whether teachers are too big to fail. If it's possible for us to continue to try new things and do things that might now work out the first time in order to improve our overall skills as a teacher for the benefit of future students. This reminds me of all the issues going on with our schools now and it probably hit home because I found out yesterday that my school will be closing next year. I don't know what my alternative students will do now that their school is slipping away. It makes me sad to think about them not having a place of their own next year. For that matter I don't know where I will be next year. I guess when I read that blog entry title it made me think immediately that apparently schools aren't too big to fail because they are falling down all over the place.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, sorry to hear that your school will be closing next year :( I feel bad for both you and your kids...hope that both find a place to call home!!!

    I personally think that while many teachers and administrators may have the skills necessary to not fail, those above us are "helping" us to fail all over the place. What can we do if the state refuses to give money and school boards refuse to help? I am not saying it is hopeless, but I do understand your frustration!

    ReplyDelete